Thursday, February 26, 2009

Teachers

The other day we had three new teachers come into the classroom and speak to us. All of them were from northeast Iowa and two of them were from the same school and ended up working at the same school. The other thing in common that all three of them had is that they all went to Luther.
It was nice to hear some stories about how their schools are and how they got through the program. Some students talked about how they wanted more of a diverse group of teachers then what we had. I agree with that but at the same time I really enjoyed having all teachers from small schools because that is where I want to teach, and hearing their stories of their small school experience was great.
I dont know if I want to end up in northeast Iowa for teaching but I do really want to get into a smaller school where I can connect to the students as well as those teachers have.

No comments:

Post a Comment