Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Guest Speaker.

So I thought it was nice that we were able to hear from a teacher that is not starting out. Someone that has been in the teaching field and is still going.
When he talked about how he student taught in the elementary level and then was placed anywhere he was needed I'm sure it was quite frightening. It was also nice that he wasn't just placed in rural Northern Iowa. He got out there and experienced a lot of different things that Northern Iowa doesn't have to offer. Though it was nice that he did admit that anywhere you go there will be a problem and it probably won't be the same as Northeast Iowa but they will have something and you will have to deal with that.
I thought it was frightening to think about how he said to keep from burning out switch your job up. Move from grade to grade and at times subjects. Some schools don't offer you to move around so much. Sometimes your family keeps you at a certain job because your spouse is also working in the same area. It is not that easy to just move your job around like that and he made it seam like it was nothing. I mean there might be the chance that I could switch from high school to middle school but what if I'm already teaching both.......what then?
Just something I thought about, even though this man had great job experience I don't his experience can help me out too much when it comes to music.

1 comment:

  1. "I don't think his experience can help me out too much when it comes to music."
    Good point. It's kind of comparing apples and oranges here. Moving from school to school teaching 5th grade science isn't that hard, but when you're a band or choir teacher you keep the same kids for four years (for high school anyway). It's a difficult move to make, you don't exactly want to abandon the kids you had as freshmen their senior years.

    ReplyDelete