Monday, April 27, 2009

Brains

So tonight was the first time I've actually been in the middle school in Decorah. My aunt used to live across the street so I've played on the play ground there while I was growing up but the middle school never used to look a lot different back then.
Tonight a lady talked about how the brain develops in stages and there are two key peaks in a life a kid ages 5-20. I have not heard of the second peak from 14-15 so that was really cool to hear about that, in many ways it kind of makes sense thinking back on my life a little.
When learning about what causes disruptions in the brain I thought that all of the examples used tonight were very interesting and I also that it was interesting how they all kind of related to each other in terms of symptoms.
I did like how the speaker was full of energy because really for a group of college students you really need to keep us interested or our minds are else where. I do think that there needed to be more parents at that meeting tonight, there was a lot of good information in this presentation and there wasn't enough parents there in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment